How do you cut parts in Catia?
Cutting the Part by the Sketch Plane
- Double-click Sketch. 2 from the geometry. …
- Move the sketch so that you can see the whole part.
- Click Cut Part by Sketch Plane from the Visualization toolbar.
How do I edit part of Catia?
Right-click the feature in the specification tree and select feature. n object > Edit Parameters .
command which will display the edit dialog box.
- Enter a new draft angle value.
- Click OK . …
- Now, double-click the pad. …
- Enter a new length value.
- Uncheck the Mirrored extent option.
How do I create a cross section in Catia?
To gain access to the Sectioning tool, CATIA users will need to add the Sectioning tool into their 3DCS workbench. With a model open, start the Sectioning tool. The Sectioning Definition will appear. In the Positioning tab, the user can specify the section plane direction in either X, Y, Z directions.
How do I create a section view in Catia?
Creating a Section View
- Click the Drawing window, and click the Offset Section View icon. from the Views toolbar (Sections subtoolbar).
- Select the holes and points required for sketching the callout on the view. …
- Double-click to end the cutting profile creation.
How do you split faces in Catia?
Splitting Closed Surfaces by Two Connex Surfaces or Curves
- Click Join . The Join Definition dialog box appears.
- Select Split. 1 and Inverse. …
- Clear Check connexity .
- Click OK to create the joined surface.
- Click Split . The Split Definition dialog box is displayed.
- Select Surface. …
- Click OK to split the closed surface.
What is the difference between split and trim in Catia?
Split: Split in CATIA is used to cut off one element with another element. … Trim: By the Trim option in Catia, a user can cut off two elements interchangeably. When we are going to trim, it is important to select the elements that we are going to cut off(They will appear in the trimmed elements field).
How do I import STP files into Catia?
CATIA V5 (Dassault) – STEP Postprocessor
- To import a STEP File please choose File -> Open… and select STEP file.
- Recommended settings in the STEP import options (Tools -> Options… …
- It is recommended to set the Continuity Optimization for Curves and Surfaces for the C2 continuity on Automatic Optimization.
How do you move a section view in Catia?
Go to Tools > Options > Mechanical Design > Drafting > General tab and in the View axis area, clear the Display in the current view check box. Right-click the view that you want to re-position, the unfolded view for example. A contextual menu is displayed. Select View Positioning > Align Views Using Elements .